2022 University of Pretoria MasterCard Scholarships (Masters); for African Students is officially open to applicants. And is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2022.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP); targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa. Who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership.
Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. The MCFSP; offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities
About Mastercard Foundation
The Mastercard Foundation is working to provide affordable learning opportunities to people who may not have the wherewithal. All people, irrespective of their current position in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance.
The Foundation; is focused on helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa, to find opportunities to move themselves, their families, and their communities to a better life.
|Country to study||South Africa|
|School to study||University of Pretoria|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|State of Origin|
|Application Deadline||October 31, 2021|
Benefits of UP/MCF Masters Scholarship
The Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
And the duration of Scholarship is the total period of degree
Requirements for UP/MCF Masters Scholarship Qualification
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students
Interview date, Process and Venue for UP/MCF Masters Scholarship
Moreso; selection will focus on prior academic achievement. And also on the fit of the applicant; to the ethos of the Program, which is focused on leadership and community development for Africa in addition to academic success.
Successful applicants must be committed to completing their qualifications in minimum time, returning to their home countries and giving back to their communities.
October 31, 2021
How to Apply
Application for admission at the University of Pretoria is fully online at www.up.ac.za/apply
Click on the following link for the Postgraduate scholarship application form.
Click the following link for Application Instructions
For more details, visit
University of Pretoria MasterCard Scholarships (Masters) for African Students – 2022