The One-World-Scholarship-Program is a partial scholarship program for students from Africa, Asia, and Latin America who have come to Austria on their own initiative to finish their education.
Prospective awardees must focus their studies and research on development-related issues.
Poverty reduction, social justice, global migrations, gender equality, climate change, sustainable resource use, food security, renewable energies, environmental protection, sustainable tourism, urbanisation, health, human rights, democratisation, good governance, fighting corruption, conflict prevention and resolution, international relations, and intercultural dialogue are all possible specialisations. This list should give applicants an idea of relevant topics, but it is not exhaustive.
Successful intercultural encounters include international cultural events, language courses, public debates, presentations, and readings.
The AAI’s educational and cultural program focuses on the concerns and diverse resources of people from the Global South in terms of experience and knowledge. International and global themes that affect people all over the world, such as global equity, human rights, gender issues, or conflicts, come to the fore.
AAI One World Scholarship Programme in Austria
|Organisation||Afro-Asiatisches Institut (AAI)|
|Country to study||Austria|
|State of Origin||Africa|
|Application Deadline||July 31, 2022|
Benefits of AAI One World Scholarship Programme in Austria
No scholarships are awarded for:
- studies at private universities
- postgraduate study programmes (“Lehrgänge”, e.g. “Universitätslehrgang” or “Fachhochschullehrgang”) or other non-degree certificate programmes
- applicants with a residence title other than “student”
- non-degree programme students („außerordentliche Studierende“)
- short term visits and exchange programmes
The scholarship will help critical and intellectual young people who live in poor conditions in their home countries to exercise their right to an education.
These aspects continue to be more prevalent in women. Female students are given priority over applications from equally qualified individuals.
Interview date, Process and Venue for AAI One World Scholarship Programme in Austria
- Financial need: We consider own income, savings, other means of support, profession and income of parents in order to select students who would hardly be able to successfully finish their studies without financial support.
- Evidence of good progress in studies: Good study progress documented by transcript of records of current and past studies. In programmes without entry exams, students who have already completed at least one semester at an Austrian university have a distinctive advantage.
- Interest in development and according specialisation in studies: Prospective awardees are expected to show a strong interest in development related issues, which is supposed to be reflected in the choice of study fields, prior work experience, voluntary activities etc.
July 31, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Afro-Asiatisches Institut (AAI) on globalgedacht.org to apply
- Use the online form provided for this purpose to apply.
- Please send required documents to [email protected] by by using a free data transfer (wetransfer)
- After your application has been reviewed, you will be invited for an online-interview
- The decision is taken by the scholarship committee in mid August. You will be informed about the decision shortly after.
- curriculum vitae
- letter of motivation
- residence permit (or at least visa if not yet in Austria)
- account statement covering the past 3 months
- certificate of admission and confirmation of enrolment
- examinations taken and results of current studies
The One World Scholarship For Master students:
- Bachelor’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
- abstract of Bachelor thesis
- Master’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
- abstract of Master thesis
- opinion of academic supervisor
- detailed description of research project and its contribution to development of practice or discourse
For more details, visit AAI website.