Study In Netherlands IHE Delft/Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) 2022 Masters Fellowship for Developing Countries
This unique, internationally recognized programme is designed for completion in 12 months and there are fellowships available for top talents.
For the academic year 2022-2023, there will be scholarships available from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which cover approximately 50% (€17,500) of the total cost of the programme.
The candidate is expected to cover the remaining part.
These scholarships are available for the Sanitation profile of the track Water and Health.
Other tracks and profiles are not eligible for the BMGF scholarship.
The matching funds can be provided by yourself, your employer or any other sponsor, or combination of those.
Especially women are strongly encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
About IHE Delft
IHE Delft Institute for Water Education is the largest international graduate water education facility in the world and is based in Delft, the Netherlands.
The Institute confers fully accredited MSc degrees and PhD degrees in collaboration with partner universities.
|Country to study–|
|School to study–|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|State of Origin|
|Application Deadline||May 1, 2022|
Benefits of Masters Fellowship
- 20 top talents will be admitted to the first edition of the MSc in Sanitation and will receive a scholarship.
- The scholarship cover 50% of the total cost of the programme. An amount of US$20,000 (at this moment EUR 17,500) would need to be matched from other sources. The matching funds can be provided by yourself, your employer and any other sponsor, or combination of those.
Requirements for Masters Fellowship Qualification
If you wish to apply for this scholarship you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a national of one of the following countries: Senegal, Uganda, Zambia, Kenya, Ghana, South Africa, Cameroun, Cote d‘Ivoire, Burkina Faso, Malawi, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Thailand, Indonesia;
- Send confirmation of availability to cover US$20,000 to cover 50% of the total study cost (matching funds);
- Have a provisional admission to the programme (have passed the entrance exam).
Interview date, Process and Venue for Masters Fellowship
Female candidates will receive at least half of the scholarships. Selection will also be made on the basis of your motivation, which you must demonstrate in the application form when submitting your online application.
As a result, it’s critical to pay special attention to the motivation questions.
Applicants whose motivation best aligns with the program’s goals will advance to the next round of selection (interview).
May 1, 2022
How to Apply
- If you meet all the above-mentioned conditions, you will be automatically shortlisted for this scholarship. You do not need to apply separately for it.
- Apply and read more about this new Master of Science Programme in Sanitation Click Here.
For more details, visit