One Young World 2022 IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers
The IUCN Leaders Forum is an annual event, gathering leaders and changemakers from around the world, in-person, to discuss innovative solutions to critical global challenges, make bold commitments, build partnerships and catalyse action for impactful change in nature conservation and sustainability.
This year the IUCN Leaders Forum will take place in Jeju Province, Republic of Korea, from 13-15 October 2022 and focus on ‘Building nature-positive economies and societies’.
This event will focus on three primary objectives:
- Convene influential and innovative leaders (government, private sector, civil society, sub-national authorities, others) with the aim of creating alliances and new partnerships, identifying innovative solutions, and advancing the international policy agenda on this issue;
- Create a space to discuss emerging issues and help shape future market forces on nature and climate-related issues;
- Offer a platform for young changemakers, to increase awareness of their actions and connect with potential collaborators from the public and private sector to further develop their projects.
About One Young World
At the heart of every global threat is a failure of leadership. This new generation is the most informed, most educated, most connected generation in human history.
One Young World identifies, promotes and connects the world ½s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact.
IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers
- Type – Entrepreneurs
- Organisation – One Young World
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – August 5, 2022
Benefits of IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers
- Delegate access to the IUCN Leaders Forum in Jeju Province, Republic of Korea from 13 – 15 October 2022, including an exclusive opportunity to pitch your project to influential global leaders from the private sector, government and civil society.
- Hotel accommodation in Jeju from 12 – 16 October 2022.
- Return travel to Jeju Province, Republic of Korea.
- Meals and other expenses are covered for the duration of the stay in Jeju.
Requirements for IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers Qualification
You should apply to be an IUCN Leaders Forum Changemaker if you:
- Are aged 18 – 35*.
- Have a track record of leadership and innovation in the fields of nature conservation, biodiversity, climate change and/or sustainable development.
- Are currently working on an innovative project that is or will contribute to building nature-positive societies and economies.
We especially encourage candidates whose projects foster equity, inclusivity, intergenerational collaboration, and/or adopt a human rights-based approach in the design and implementation of the project, to apply.
We are looking for a diverse pool of global changemakers to participate in the IUCN Leaders Forum. Youth from the Global South are strongly encouraged to apply, as are youth from minority groups, indigenous peoples and local communities and young female leaders and innovators from around the world.
August 5, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to One Young World on www.oneyoungworld.com to apply
IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers will be selected by IUCN from a shortlist created by One Young World. Please complete the application form linked below to be considered for One Young World’s shortlist.
For more details, visit One Young World website.