International Students’ Equity And Merit Scholarships at University of Manchester in UK 2022
The Sustainable Development Goals of the UN chart the course for a more favorable and sustainable future for everybody. Our Equity and Merit Scholarships seek to equip young professionals in the Global South with the tools they need to contribute to the achievement of these connected objectives.
Academically outstanding students who have the capacity to significantly contribute to sustainable development in their native countries are eligible for Equity and Merit Scholarships.
The recipients of the awards are those who would not otherwise be able to afford to attend school in Manchester.
We adhere to an equal opportunity policy, and each application is evaluated on its own merits. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
About University of Manchester
The Victoria University of Manchester and the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology were combined to form the University of Manchester in 2004. (UMIST).
After collaborating closely for 100 years, both institutions decided to create a single university. On October 22, 2004, they formally joined forces to create the largest single-site university in the UK.
Each has an inventive and exciting past that we continue to build on as a center of excellence in education and through ground-breaking research.
University of Manchester Masters Scholarship
- Type – Masters
- Organisation – University of Manchester
- Country to study – United Kingdom
- School to study – University of Manchester
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – August 31, 2022
Aim and Benefits of University of Manchester Masters Scholarship
- Full-time, on-campus master’s (one-year duration).
- Part-time, distance learning master’s (three to five years duration).
Requirements for University of Manchester Masters Scholarship Qualification
Our master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
To apply for a scholarship, you will need:
- to be a resident citizen of Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zimbabwe, and have not previously studied outside of Africa (training of six months or less does not count);
- at least two years of professional experience related to your chosen field of study (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- a bachelor’s degree (you must have graduated before September 2020) with an overall excellent grade. The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class;
- to be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of your home country;
- a clear idea of how studying at Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
August 31, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Manchester on www.smartsurvey.co.uk to apply
Applications are open from Thursday, 1 August until 5pm on Wednesday, 31 August 2022 for September 2023 entry.