Essay Contest for Secondary School Students at Coal City University (CCU) in 2022
For its 2022 essay competition, City University (CCU), a non-profit private university, is presently accepting entries from Nigerian secondary school students.
This yearly essay competition aims to educate young people about contemporary world challenges. Additionally, it strives to promote young people’s initiative and capacity for original thought in the direction of sustainable development.
The essay competition also strives to educate society from young people’s viewpoints and recognize that it is our shared obligation to address these challenges.
About Cool City University (CCU)
A private, not-for-profit institution called Coal City University (CCU) was founded in 2016 in the Nigerian state of Enugu. The University is a rapidly expanding, globally-focused university in Nigeria.
The university strives to be a top-tier centre for learning and research that will turn forth graduates who are well-rounded, enterprising, and marketable across the globe.
CCU Essay Contest
- Type – Contest
- Organisation – Cool City University (CCU)
- Country to study – Nigeria
- School to study
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – July 15, 2022
Benefits of CCU Essay Contest
The following awards would be given to shortlisted students as follows:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, a prize of 500,000 naira Cash or a Full tuition fee scholarship in Coal City University for any course of your choice.
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, the prize of 250,000 naira
- 3rd Prize: Certificate, the prize of 150,000 naira
- All Shortlisted Students: Certificates and Consolation prizes.
- Additional Awards (Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
- All shortlisted winners will be invited to Coal City University, Enugu for an award ceremony.
- All shortlisted winners will be announced on July 22, 2022, via the website ccu.edu.ng. They will also receive an SMS.
Requirements for CCU Essay Contest Qualification
- The essay may be submitted by anyone in a Senior Secondary School (SS1-SS3).
- The essay should be between 700-1000 words and must be typed, with the title and name of the author written at the top of the page. (Your name and title of the essay are not included in the word count limit).
- There are no particular rules regarding formatting (font style, size, line space, etc.).
- The essay must be original, as plagiarised submissions will be rejected.
- Co-authored essays will not be accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
July 15, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Cool City University (CCU) on ccu.edu.ng to apply
Your essay should answer the following questions:
- “What are you doing to help save the Climate”?
- “What can you do to help save the climate”?
- Are you doing anything consciously to make a difference?
For more details, visit CCU website.