Bursary for International Undergraduate Students at the University of Manitoba for 2022
The University of Manitoba offers the International Undergraduate Student Bursary to international students pursuing bachelor’s degrees in both the fall and winter quarters who have a strong academic record and can establish a need for financial assistance.
About the University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba has been advancing knowledge and igniting thought since 1877 via excellent teaching and cutting-edge research.
The University of Manitoba boasts a vibrant and active community of students, teachers, staff, alumni, benefactors, and community partners and is proudly situated in the heart of Canada.
With more than 145,000 graduates spread throughout 140 nations, our influence is extensive.
Bursary for International Undergraduate Students
- Type – Undergraduate
- Organisation – University of Manitoba
- Country to study – Canada
- School to study – University of Manitoba
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – October 1, 2022
Benefits of International Undergraduate Student Bursary
The total amount of scholarships available each year is $240,000, which will be divided equally among the scholarship recipients.
Requirements for International Undergraduate Student Bursary Qualification
- For international students with good academic standing, registered in both the fall and winter terms, and demonstrated financial need
- All students must complete courses in both the fall and winter terms to be eligible. In most cases, students must register for and complete at least 60 per cent of a full course load per term (i.e., a minimum of 9 credit hours per term). Graduate students do not have to adhere to credit hour minimums provided they are registered as full-time students over the fall and winter terms with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Applicants must meet minimum G.P.A. requirements. Continuing students must have a minimum degree G.P.A. of 2.0. New students (from high school) must have a grade 12 average of 70% or higher. Students admitted on Mature Student Status may also be eligible for bursary consideration. International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply to the general bursary program.
October 1, 2022
How to Apply
Financial needs must be clearly documented on the application. Students who have applied for government student loans from other provinces must provide a copy of a current official government loan assessment to support their declaration of financial need.
The University of Manitoba General Bursary Application is available from the beginning of August every year until 1 October.
For more details, visit University of Manitoba website.