Best Video Editing Courses Online To Take In 2022
Traditional celluloid film editing tools and analogue video editing devices have lately been replaced by video editing software.
However, because of the multiple problems involved in the production of a film or animated series, there is a complex technique known as post-production that is difficult to grasp.
Fortunately, you may find a variety of video editing classes online.
The technique of rearranging different pictures and sequences to create a whole new output is known as video editing.
It’s also the process of putting together, editing, and finishing a video for display or output. It’s most typically used to refer to post-production work, which is when all of the shots and video have been collected and all that’s left is to put them together to make the final product.
Work Opportunities For Video Editors
In this digital age, video editors have a myriad of professional options, freelancing video editing jobs abound, and many firms now rely on video to advertise their products.
In the field of video editing, the following are some of the most prevalent career paths:
A film Editor who Works on feature films ensures that the film follows the filmmaker’s artistic vision. Builds the story by putting together clips in a sequence, editing the film together, and putting it all together, to make a perfect body of work.
Freelance video editor
This is one of the best parts of being a video editor; anywhere and at any time, a freelance video editor can work. He can get work in a variety of places, including freelance websites and his own neighbourhood.
Freelance video editor jobs are numerous and can be found all over the internet.
TV Studio Editor
In a TV studio, most of the labor entails making things happen in real time. Focuses on camera switching, overlay graphics, and other visuals that help viewers enjoy the show during a live broadcast.
Web Video Editor
These experts are experts in their field. Produces short-form videos for dissemination on the internet. You can work with an unlimited number of clients and subjects that change from week to week.
Creates motion graphics and puts the finishing touches on projects. They are adept in effects packages like Adobe After Effects, in addition to the traditional video editing platforms.
A skilled editing role that focuses on adjusting colour and other visual settings in order to give the production a unified, professional appearance.
List Of The Best Video Editing Courses Online To Take In 2022
1. The Complete Video Production Bootcamp (Udemy)
This course is specifically designed to teach you how to professionally edit and change videos.
This program will educate you on the ins and outs of the industry from the ground up, whether you are a newbie video producer, blogger, or business owner.
Examine various cameras, styles, and creative concepts, as well as how to bring them to life.
You’ll also learn how to disseminate your work to a wide audience and how to get noticed. The classes will provide you with a thorough understanding of the tools and procedures required to produce a high-quality project. It’s one of the best video editing courses available on the internet.
- Create original and enticing content ideas and create better images to express your narrative.
- · A professional camera is not required, you may follow along with the tutorials and work with a smartphone or webcam just fine.
- · A plethora of well-explained tasks and tests aid in the clarification of topics.
- · This certification is appropriate for both complete novices and those with some past expertise in this skill.
- · Increase your social media views and likes, and export your best quality work.
- · In addition to the videos, other materials such as direct feedback from instructors, downloadable manuals, and case studies are accessible.
- · 9 hours in length
2. Premiere Pro CC for Beginners: Video Editing Class in Premiere (Udemy)
Video editing is one of the most in-demand skills nowadays. So, if you want to learn how to edit videos professionally, this is the place to go.
Learn how to edit a film from beginning to end using precise methods, including how to identify the ideal setup, add motion, and more.
By providing you with hands-on work and experienced assistance, our curriculum ensures that you get the confidence to go freelance or seek for relevant opportunities.
This course is worth a shot because it has over 86,000 students registered. It’s one of the best video editing courses available on the internet.
- l Begin a project with the appropriate settings and configurations based on the requirements.
- l Create clean and professional titles for your videos, add emotion with color grading, and use visual effects among many other effects.
- l Possibility to practice abilities by completing assignments and exams.
- l Discover how to edit green screen footage and add a professional-looking background.
- l Using the provided footage, create a one-minute documentary using audio and visual transitions.
- l Affordably priced on the e-learning portal Udemy.
- l 5 hours in length.
3. Learning Final Cut Pro X – Video Editing Course (Udemy)
The goal of this course is to assist you to learn how to use Final Cut Pro X on the Maverick operating system. Before moving on to importing various types of material from various storage media, start by learning about the user interface and essential shortcuts.
Examine the principles of editing, as well as how to organize clips and information. After you’ve mastered the basics, the instructor will take you through more advanced concepts like keyframes and compound clips.
You should be able to stand out in a crowd and get your work out there at the end of the lessons. This is one of the most comprehensive video editing courses available online.
- · There are no prerequisites for taking the class, and it can be taken by anyone with any level of knowledge in this sector.
- · The lessons are intended to provide detailed guidance to assist you in starting from scratch.
- · This course contains the most up-to-date best practices, hints, shortcuts, and newly created tasks.
- · The lectures will help you develop your editing skills, which will be useful if you want to become a professional or start a freelance business.
- · Unlimited access for life + 114 lectures + 1 article + 1 downloadable resource
- · 5 hours in length
4. Adobe Premiere Pro CC: Adobe Premiere Pro Video Editing (Udemy)
One of the greatest online video editing courses. Adobe Premiere Pro is an excellent tool for editing and generating visually appealing videos.
This Udemy course will aid you in learning how to use this utility in a step-by-step manner.
This course will provide you with an overview of Adobe Premiere Pro and show you how to get the most out of it.
You’ll discover how to edit the interview and create a compelling story montage. You will be able to run and operate Adobe Premiere Pro in 45 minutes after completing this course.
- · Learn how to import and organize your media while also learning different strategies that will allow you to customize your workflow.
- · Takes you through a step-by-step full post-production procedure to help you become an excellent video editor and advance your career.
- · Learn how to use all of the editing tools in Premiere Pro CC, as well as how to use the editing monitors.
- · Understand the Lumetri Scopes while learning about the color correction process from start to end.
- · 9-10 hours in length
5. Video Editing in DaVinci Resolve 16/17: Beginner to Advanced (Udemy)
This is yet another amazing training from Louay Zambarakji, a motion graphics, and video editing professional. The teacher will guide you through this course as you learn about DaVinci Resolve, a free professional video editing application used by professional video creators.
It is primarily intended for beginners to provide a road to a career in video editing, thus you do not require any prior video editing skills in DaVinci Resolve.
You will study everything from video editing to visual effects to motion graphics during the classes. After finishing the course, you’ll be able to make your own video using music, images, text, and a few transitions. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
- · Commit to creating and editing interesting and compelling videos.
- · Discover how to utilize DaVinci Resolve. Resolve to create videos from the ground up, complete with realistic motion graphics and music.
- · Discover how to use DaVinci Resolve’s various tools to apply effects to videos, color correct them accurately, and color grade them.
- · Understand how to operate with various types of Nodes, including Serial, Layer, Parallel, and Combiner/Splitter nodes.
- · 10-11 hours in length
6. Top Video Editing Courses (Udemy)
This collection of courses can be useful if you work in video editing or graphic design. Udemy offers a variety of courses and tutorials to help people understand the fundamentals and essential principles of video editing with complex tools.
With step-by-step instruction and practical advice, you’ll learn how to edit videos with Adobe Premiere Pro. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
Premiere Pro CC for Beginners, Video Editing in DaVinci Resolve 17, and Advanced Video Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro are the most popular and highly rated courses on the list. Furthermore, each course can be done from the convenience of your own home, with full access to the study materials.
- · Learn how to use video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Power Director.
- · Discover new techniques and best practices for capturing and editing footage from various camera types.
- · Understand how to use the professional program DaVinci Resolve for color correction, grading, and visual effects.
- · Be able to produce a demo reel that ranges from 1 minute to 4/5 minutes in length and use the editing features in Premiere Pro CC professionally.
- · Variable duration
7. Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2021: Video Editing for Beginners (Udemy)
This course might be your one-stop shop for learning and understanding the Adobe Premiere Pro video editing tool. Joining this learning program will assist you in learning how to start your video editing career with Adobe Premiere Pro while grasping the key fundamentals. Brad Newton, a fitness and travel adventure Vlogger who rose to prominence by learning various video editing techniques, created the course. At the end of the curriculum, you’ll get the opportunity to work on two large projects that will put your newly acquired knowledge and comprehension of the tool to the test. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
- · An excellent course for beginners and intermediates who want to learn how to edit amazing videos for YouTube or other social media platforms using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- · Go over a range of topics to help you learn how Adobe Premiere Pro works, such as launching your first amazing project, keyboard shortcuts for rapid editing, and so on.
- · Discover how to fade music and video in and out, the fundamentals of editing to music rhythms, the use of sound effects, and the use of jump cuts and zoom cuts.
- · Learn about various great effects for making your movies awesome, such as adding film grain for a vintage cinema book, recording perfect voice-overs, and so on.
- · 14-15 hours in length
8. Become an iMovie Master – Create Amazing Movies Today (Udemy)
iMovie is a basic video editing program that content creators use to share interesting videos on social media. This course may be the quickest and easiest way for you to learn iMovie editing from basic to advanced levels.
Steve Burnich, the course instructor, will guide you through the classes using step-by-step video lessons to learn about various iMovie functionalities. The training includes practice media exercises that you will complete after each class.
After completing the curriculum, you will be able to run and utilize iMovie as a professional for editing several videos in a short amount of time. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
- · Get a quick overview of the iMovie application and see how it can help you create and edit various videos for all platforms.
- · Discover how to rapidly import media files, such as films, images, and audios, into the iMovie application and edit them.
- · Have the option to make a short film using videos, texts, photographs, music, sound effects, and voice-overs.
- · Delve deeper into complex video editing topics like color correction, dealing with green screen material, and much more.
- · Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee if you do not find the course useful.
- · Time required: 2-3 hours
9. Smartphone Video for Beginners – Mobile Video Editing Course (Udemy)
One of the best video editing courses online. This masterclass, created by one of Udemy’s bestselling teachers, Robb Montgomery, will teach you the principles of video editing and how to create a beautiful video tale using any smartphone.
Every month, the course is updated to include new case studies and video project activities. Completing this masterclass will teach you the craft of filmmaking in sufficient technical detail to produce high-quality output.
Throughout the video sessions, you’ll also work on a variety of projects that will help you better understand video editing for various smartphones, including Android and iOS. If you don’t find the course content useful, you can get your money back within 30 days.
- · A complete masterclass designed to teach you the foundations of smartphone video creation and editing.
- · Discover how to successfully plan, develop, and execute a smartphone video production from start to finish.
- · Learn how to use several video editing programs that can be downloaded for free from the Play Store or App Store.
- · Learn how different videos function differently on different platforms while also learning the basic procedures for editing videos on smartphones.
- · Time required: 4-5 hours
10. Powerful Tools for Teaching and Learning: Digital Storytelling (Coursera)
Storytelling is as much a command of digital graphics as it is of audio. To effectively transmit your message to your target audience, you must master storytelling skills. To compete in the tech industry, it is necessary to know how to edit a video from beginning to end professionally.
This course has been intended to teach students about digital storytelling uniquely and innovatively to sharpen their skills and broaden their understanding of the subject. The course is a very basic module on video editing, but it presents video editing to students thoroughly and intensively. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
- · The course teaches the fundamentals of all the components needed to create a compelling and inspiring digital story.
- · Participants will be permitted to utilize a video editing program that is available for free.
- · The course covers several important foundational subjects in video editing.