2022 Thomson Foundation Journalist Award for International Journalists
As part of our annual Young Journalist Award 2022, Thomson Foundation is giving six up-and-coming journalists the opportunity to network with six of the finest in the business.
The award this year will be particularly noteworthy for yet another reason.
Our three finalists will be able to attend the glitzy ceremony in person in London for the first time in two years. The epidemic of the previous two years made it impossible for finalists to physically attend.
We’re adding a bonus for our 60th anniversary that we’re calling “Connect 6.” Our three finalists, along with the next three highest on our shortlist, will have the chance to be mentored for six months by six seasoned professionals to commemorate the foundation’s 60 years in operation.
About Thomson Foundation
An international non-profit organization dedicated to media development, The Thomson Foundation is headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It was the first nonprofit foundation established in 1962 with the express purpose of educating journalists in underdeveloped nations. In 2012, it marked its 50th
- Type – Entrepreneurs
- Organisation – Thomson Foundation
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application DeadlineAugust 12, 2022
Benefits of the Journalist Award
- The top three candidates for the Young Journalist Award will automatically be accepted into the mentorship program.
- As part of our continued commitment to unbiased, ethical journalism, three more people will be chosen to join them from the shortlist of 12.
- If you are one of the chosen six, you will receive a special package of support and be matched with an accomplished journalist from our vast alumni network who is local to your region.
- You will learn from them how their investigations and exclusives have altered the world and how yours might as well.
- The 12 journalists who made the shortlist will also each receive a certificate from the Thomson Foundation praising them for their excellent work as well as space on our website and social media channels.
Requirements for Journalist Award Qualification
- Thomson Foundation Young Journalist Award in partnership with the UK Foreign Press Association (FPA) is open to journalists aged 30 or under from countries with a Gross National Income (GNI) per capita of less than $20,000.
- Those who meet the criteria are welcome to submit a portfolio of three published pieces of work produced in the 12 months preceding the deadline for submissions, which is 12 August 2022.
- They can be in any medium — print, audio, video or multimedia.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Journalist Award
Deadline for entries: 12 August 2022
Entries must be submitted by 23:59 UK time on the night of deadline day
Long shortlist of 12 announcements: 28 September 2022, World News Day
Shortlist of six announcements: w/c 3 October 2022
Three finalists announcement: w/c 10 October 2022
Young Journalist Award winner announcement: 28 November 2022, FPA Awards
August 12, 2022