2022 Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships Entrepreneurial Graduates
Engineers who are innovative and ambitious and have a valuable invention ready for commercialization at the seed or pre-seed stage are eligible for the 12-month Enterprise Fellowships program.
We will give you the self-assurance, expertise, experience, and networks over the course of the year that you require to sell your engineering product.
- Type – Fellowship
- Organisation – Royal Academy of Engineering
- Country to study
- School to study
- Course to study – Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender – Men and Women
- Application Deadline – September 5, 2022
Benefits of Enterprise Fellowships
What we offer works – we have provided £9.2 million in grant funding to upskill over 150 Enterprise Fellows, who have gone on to create companies valued over £550 million. As a charity, we don’t take any equity, all we ask in return is your passion and determination to become part of the next generation of entrepreneurs.
You will receive:
- Up to £75,000 equity-free startup funding grant,
- Expert business mentoring and coaching,
- 15 days of business training,
- Subscription to our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Toolkit,
- Access to our community of Hub Members, Academy Fellows, investors, industry experts and partners,
- Flexible working space at the Taylor Centre, our physical hub,
- Hub membership for life.
Requirements for Enterprise Fellowships Qualification
Broadly speaking, we support:
- Researchers wishing to spinout a company from a university
- Recent graduates seeking to found a startup
- International PhD students (already based in the UK) wanting to spinout or startup
You meet our key eligibility criteria if:
- The Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of your solution is 4 or above
- Equity investment in your business is less than 500,000 GBP
- Your innovation is protectable and you own or co-own the IP
- Within the founding team, you own the highest equity stake in the company
- You are, or have the ambition to be, the CEO or COO of the business
- For startups: you are not a student or otherwise employed during our programme
- In addition for startups: you have completed your very first university degree by 1 July 2017
- For spinouts: you are currently employed by the university
- If relevant, your PhD viva will be held no later than 30 November 2022
September 5, 2022
How to Apply
For more details, visit the website.