2022 DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarships for Developing Countries.
The DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarships program encourages the training of specialists from developing and emerging economies.
The DAAD, which was created in 1925, is Germany’s largest support organization for international academic cooperation. She also happens to be the world’s greatest funder of international student and researcher exchanges.
DAAD believes that well-trained local professionals who are connected to international partners play a vital role in their nations’ long-term development.
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Tuition | €1,200 Monthly stipends | Travel Allowance | Health Insurance
- Deadline: Varies by courses
The scholarships provide opportunities for foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries with at least two years of professional experience to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, or in exceptional cases, a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
They are the best hope for a brighter future for everyone, with less poverty, more education, and better health.
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
- The last academic degree (usually a Bachelor’s degree) should have been completed no longer than six years previously
- At least two years of relevant professional experience
- Language skills: Depending on your chosen study programme; please check the scholarship brochure or the website of your chosen study programme.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family
Never miss a Scholarship Opportunity. Set a Reminder now to receive Alerts of Open Scholarships
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to commence their application.